Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day: 4 Reflection

Day 4 of LIS 629 I was introduced to multiple types of presentation tools.  Some of the presentation tools that were presented are the following: Sliderocket, Prezi, Speaking Image, Mixbook and more.  I was assigned Speaking Image  I am pretty proficient when it comes to learning new applications but this one in my opinion was not user friendly.  Speaking Image had a lot of tools that users can use when creating their presentations but at times there were some glitches.  For example linking to outside sources I was not successful at it kept saying no page found which was very frustrating.   Also, to add more slides to the presentation was not working on the whole the website was very frustrating to use.  This is not one that I would use in the future.  After viewing my other classmates’ presentation I really enjoyed Mixbook.  As a elementary school technology teacher I see that this could be a useful tool to have my students use for presentations.  The interface and the whole experience on Mixbook appears to be very easy to use.  Another, really eye catching application that I was introduced to is Glogster which is works like a graphic blog.  Glogster is great for kids because it allows them to be creative, share and design their own page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment